Hey Guys, responding to a request made by Red-Imp, GadgetCore has saved you the time consuming search and filtered out between help and hype to find you the best anti-virus program.
The winner without a doubt is:
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0
The Award winning protection to meet your basic security needs
- Surf, and search with confidence, while LinkScanner® keeps you safe from harmful sites
- Get online and offline protection from viruses, spyware, and other nasties
- Enjoy consistently high-speed PC performance with our new enhanced virus scanner
- Automatic updates keep your protection current
- Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000
Overall it’s stupidly easy to use, provides rock solid protection and of course is FREE.
Also a plus point which might sound odd, is that it’s not overly cautious and wont block for example ‘safe’ games your installing.
However if you want more sophisticated options such as:
- Advanced Anti-Rootkit protection
Ensures even the most sophisticated hidden threats are kept out
- Game Mode
Keeps you safe without interrupting you while you’re playing
- Phishing protection
Checks to make sure web pages really are what they appear to be
- Enhanced Firewall
Prevents hackers from seeing inside your computer
Blocks spammers and scammers from clogging your system
- Expert Technical support
Free technical assistance whenever you need it
Then you invest £20 to £30 in an advanced version (There are free trials avaliable):
- AVG Anti-Virus 9.0
- AVG Internet Security 9.0
But in this reviewer’s opinion, the free one is more than you need.
For advanced users
But if you find AVG too full and resource hogging, Avast Antivirus is a lighter alternative and in a majority of benchmarks of this Antivirus. This is for more advanced users with more advanced options and a less helpful UI. Although this has been recently updated, AVG’s UI is still much better. Co-founder and reviewer George uses Avast however AVG is still a great option being stupidly easy to use.