GadgetCore’s Current Top 5 Free Android Games
This is the first Top 5 List from GadgetCore, this time centring around our current Top 5 Free Android Games. This is likely to change quite often, and so we will re-review accordingly :)
Enjoy! (And remember, they are in no specific order)
- Basket Ball Lite - A neat little game, with quite a few different menu options available considering it’s the lite version. All you have to do is use the touch-screen to aim the basketball, with just the right amount of power to get it in the basket. Combos build up gradually, gaining you more points, which can be posted online in the hall of fame. If the 3 available options aren’t enough for you, there is a full version out there, with an extra two game modes. [rating:4.0]
- Robo Defense Free – Quite an interesting tower defence game, with relatively decent graphics, a reward points system, and a tonne of achievements! The full version unlocks more maps for the user to play on. The object of the game is like that of any other tower defence game – to stop the enemy hordes from reaching your base. The only downside as far as we can tell is the lack of unique towers (however, once a tower is placed you are given the option to upgrade it). [rating:4.0]
- Jewels – Another interesting gem (pun intended) with multiple different game modes, leaderboards and flashy graphics. The Bejewelled style game play can keep you hooked for hours, especially when you can try your skills against the clock, or just play till no more moves can be made. For a free game, this is really quite impressive, and is definitely worth a try if you’re an avid puzzler. [rating:4.5]
- Bonsai Blast – Bonsai Blast is too another take on a classic game, some of you may be familiar with: “Zuma”. Bonsai Blast pulls off being a remake very well, with glistening graphics and hours of enjoyment. When you first touch the screen to fire the gems, it is very amusing and somewhat satisfying (who knows why?). Both game modes are fantastically fun, Adventure and Survival – where you must get groups of 3 or more gems to stop the snake-like chain approaching your base. Certainly one to try! [rating:5]
- Abduction! Free – Yes, that’s right. You’d thought we’d leave this one out, but oh no, Abduction! has made it on the list. If you don’t know what Abduction! is, it’s very similar to games such as PapiJump and Doodle Jump, but with a huge range of levels (even with the free version), custom skins for your character, quick mode to have a quick game (obviously), and probably a few more things. The main thing that makes this game so good, is the value for money. It costs nothing, yet you get some much. The only problem that I’d personally make point on, is the graphics – they seem to be somewhat weak at times. But overall, the game offers lots of fun, and will be so addicting you’ll need the full version !! [rating:4.8]
I hope this list has been very interesting for all of you, and will help you find some decent apps. These apps are not necessarily the only good free ones, and that’s why every so often new lists will be released, so stay tuned.
Try out the apps, and leave a comment on how you’d rate them !